January 25, 2011 1 Comment
A lot of people that visit me kinda get shocked by my rig. I spent a lot of time and effort (not to mention money) putting it together and I figured that I might as well make a little post about it. My goal in putting together my setup was to have a fast, efficient and quiet development machine that I can use to play the occasional game on. I am a bit of a hardware fanatic so it was quite a lot of fun putting it together. I went with a red theme and nicknamed the machine “codewarrior R.E.D” with R.E.D. standing for Rapid Effective Development. Kinda lame I know :p
Anyways hope you enjoy the hardware pr0n!
- i5 750 @ 4.2GHz – Why did I get an i5 and not an i7? Well the i5 750 IS an i7 920 with HT disabled.
- Asus P7P55 Deluxe – The LGA1156 P55Platform is faster clock for clock than the LGA 1366 X58 platform.
- 8GB G.Skill RipJaws DDR3 2000 RAM @ 1605MHz
- GTX480 @ 900Mhz Core / 2200MHz RAM – I know everyone says this card is super hot and so on but under my watercooling setup it doesnt go over 40C.
- OCZ Vertex2 Sandforce 1200 120GB SSD – an SSD is absolutely essential if you want a super responsive system
- 3x 1TB Seagate 7200.12 HDD
- Corsair HX620 PSU
- Coolermaster ATCS 840 Chassis
- Swiftech Apogee GTZ waterblock
- Koolance Full-cover GTX480 waterblock
- Swiftech MCR320 3×120 Radiator
- XSPC RS240 2×120 Radiator
- 11 x Yate Loon Low Speed Fans
- XSPC Bayres One + MCP355 ( DDC3.2) – Pump is running at around half speed
- Koolance Pump Speed Rheostat
- Sunbeam Rheobus Fan Controller
Temperature and Noise:
- Idle temps are mid 30s with an ambient of around 26
- Full load temps are low 40s with an ambient of around 26
Photos (Hardware Pr0n):